Awards & Accolades
- Honored by Kandla Port Trust for valued contribution in helping achieving 100 million MT
- Cargo Handling in FY 2015 – 16. Awarded by The Ministry of Shipping & Road Transport, Government of lndia:
- Friends Group as top performer in Salt Exports.
- Friends Salt Works & Allied lndustries as top performer in Tank Terminals.
- Arvind V. Joshi & Co. as top performer in Salt Handling.
- Arvind V. Joshi & Co. as 2nd top performer in Dry Cargo Handling.
- Best Exporter for Salt & Iron Ore awarded to Friends Salt Works & Allied Industries by
Ministry of Commerce in 2005-06, 2006-07, 2010 – 11.
- Best Exporter for Salt awarded to Friends Salt Works & Allied Industries by Ministry of Commerce in 2001 -02, 2002-03, 2004-05
- Honored as Best Performance by Kandla Port Trust for various commodities in 2004-05.
Record breaking achievements in cargo handling :
- Handled 46,375 MT 0f Salt in bulk in just 16.30 hours to MV Rosita in December-2012.
- Handled 47,500 MT of Salt in bulk in just 19.30 hours to MV Star Sea Cosmos in July-2009.
- Handled 38,237 MT of Coking Coal in just 24.10 hours from MV Gemini in July-2008.
- Handled 34,107 MT of Iron Ore in just 17.40 hours from MV Star Canopus in
- Handled 29,007 MT of Salt in bulk in just 19.25 hours to MV Everest in November-2007.
- Handled 21,111 MT of Scrap in just 23 hours from MV Spar Sirius in November2005.
- Handled 35,500 MT of Salt in bulk in just 24 hours to MV Victory in October 2004.
- Handled 21 ,400 MT of Zinc concentrate in a single day from MV Gant in April-2004.
- Handled 31 ,050 MT of Coal in a single day from MV Yasha H Mulla in Decemeber-2003.